Monday, April 28, 2008

Trader Joes Sign


One of the great things about Trader Joe's besides the friendly service and the great food that you cant find anywhere else, is the fantastic hand painted signs that they commission artists to do from time to time. > I got an opportunity to paint one for their Hewlett location when trying out for a job. My assignment was to paint a catchy sign for their Trail Mix Product> I was given the copy and got immediately to work. They loved the sign, but couldn't hire me at the moment. I'd jump at the chance for working with them again, maybe better luck next time. and by the way, that Trail Mix tastes REALLY great!!!

I painted this sign directly on blackboard using paint markers of various thick nesses and even included a caricature of the stores Captain! He really got a kick out of that.

No comments: